North Peace Regional Airport Joins Canadian Airports Safety Week
September 24, 2021
Canada’s Airports Focus on Aviation Safety
OTTAWA – (September 24, 2021) Canadian Airports Safety Week is returning this year from September 27th – October 1st 2021. Despite the challenges that airports are facing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, they are still placing safety first and working to celebrate this special week with the proper safety measures in place.
The initiative, which promotes healthy and safe work practices among airport employees, is being led by the Canadian Airports Council (CAC), in collaboration with 16 participating airports across the country.
“Airport safety affects everyone, whether you are a passenger or airport employee,” said CAC president Daniel-Robert Gooch. “Canada’s airports have made significant investments over the years in their infrastructure, including safety related airside projects, to ensure all workers and passengers are safe.”
From the earliest days of the pandemic, airports moved quickly to respond to the threat of COVID-19, introducing enhanced cleaning procedures, masking and physical distancing, installing Plexiglas barriers and implementing new and innovative technologies.
This week is a prime opportunity to introduce and remind airport employees of the new safety culture at airports due to COVID-19 as well as a chance to thank them for their contributions to safety.
Participating airports will be hosting a variety of activities to promote the following themes:
- COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Worker Safety
- Airside Safety
- Security Safety
- Hazard Reporting
- Environmental Safety
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Free Day
By encouraging discussion and the involvement of all airport workers in maintaining a safe working environment, we can ensure that the safety of passengers and employees remains our first priority. Canadian Airports Safety Week represents a commitment to educate and improve knowledge and enthusiasm for safety.
2021 Participating Airports
- Calgary Airport Authority
- Edmonton International Airport
- Fort McMurray Airport Authority
- Saint John/North Peace Regional Airport
- Fredericton International Airport Authority
- Greater Moncton International Airport Authority
- Greater Toronto Airports Authority
- Halifax International Airport Authority
- Kelowna International Airport
- Ottawa International Airport Authority
- Ports Toronto – Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
- Saint John Airport
- Thunder Bay International Airports Authority
- Victoria Airport Authority
- Windsor International Airport
- Winnipeg Airports Authority